La Maison du Roy 1690-1792
Catalogue of the exhibition devoted to the reconstructed uniforms of the French "Maison du Roy" . Available in stock in Italian, English or French, very few copies still available, order yours today!
"La Maison du Roy - 1690-1792"
at the National Archives of Milan, Italy
(4 December 2015 - 6 February 2016)
232 all-colour pages in A4 format
72 pages of photos of the 25 reconstructed uniforms
160 pages of authoritative text, the most comprehensive ever published thus far on the French "Maison du Roy", the end result of three years of archival and pictorial research and of authentic, painstaking reconstruction of the different, magnificent uniforms in their minutest details.
Profusely illustrated with more than 400 illustrations of paintings, prints, engravings, both period and contemporary, and of extant items of clothing, weapons and accoutrements, that describe the history, composition and dress of each of the different units that made up the French Household troops, from Louis XIV to the Revolution.
An indispensable reference work for all 18th century enthusiasts, and specifically of the French army, the "Maison du Roy", or simply the history of costume and the Court of Versailles in the Age of Reason.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
INTRODUCTION – THE MAISON MILITAIRE
1. UNIFORMS IN THE 18TH CENTURY
2. THE REGIMENT OF THE GARDES FRANÇAISES
3. MESSIEURS LES ANGLAIS, TIREZ LES PREMIERS !
4. THE REGIMENT OF THE GARDES SUISSES
5. THE MASSACRE OF THE TUILERIES
6. COMPANY OF THE GENDARMES DE LA GARDE
7. CHEVAU-LEGERS DE LA GARDE
8. MOUSQUETAIRES DE LA GARDE
9. GENDARMERIE DE FRANCE
10. THE CHARGE OF THE GENDARMERIE AT MINDEN
11. COMPANY OF THE GRENADIERS A CHEVAL
12. GARDES DE LA PREVOTE DE L’HOTEL
13. GARDES DE LA PORTE DU LOGIS DU ROI
14. GARDES DU CORPS DU ROI
15. THE DAYS OF 5-6 OCTOBER 1789
16. GARDES DE LA MANCHE
17. THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF DAMIENS
18. THE COMPANY OF CENT-SUISSES
19. THE ROLE OF THE MAISON MILITAIRE AT COURT
Actual postage cost for the catalogues is less than the amount shown in the basket at check-out, the excess paid for will be refunded into your paypal or credit card account, or else used as a coupon for your future purchase, at your option. Please specify.